Oscar Post-Mortem, Part 4 of 6

BEST ART DIRECTION
My Head Says: Sweeney Todd

My Heart Says: Sweeney Todd

Winner: Sweeney Todd


Comments: Sweeney Todd winning this category is like the Academy saying: "Hey Mr. Burton, we forgot to nominate you for Best Director for Sweeney Todd, so here's some consolation. Hope that your art director will accept the trophy in your behalf. Thanks for your kind understanding!" An unmistakable choice.


BEST COSTUME DESIGN

My Head Says: Elizabeth: The Golden Age

My Heart Says: Across The Universe

Winner:
Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Comments: Strangely, I haven't managed to catch Elizabeth or Across The Universe. But my gut feeling went to either of these. Based on the trailers, I'd have fancied the latter. But I don't see anything wrong with Elizabeth winning the Oscar for this category.

BEST MAKEUP

My Head Says:
La Vie En Rose
My Heart Says:
La Vie En Rose
Winner:
La Vie En Rose

Comments: Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End is a dark horse. The first installment was nominated for this category but didn't win. So there might have been a slight chance that it will win this time round. But I'm sure no one would bet against La Vie En Rose. Norbit being nominated is an early April Fool's joke. But it isn't funny at all. Sweeney Todd should have been nominated.


PART 5 OF 6: BEST ORIGINAL SCORE, ORIGINAL SONG, SOUND, SOUND EDITING, VISUAL EFFECTS...

Comments

Popular Posts