My Definitive Cut, 2010 (Half-Time Report)

I have reviewed 30 theatrically-released films from March to August, of which 13 will be shortlisted for my half-time Definitive Cut of 2010.

In alphanumeric order, I present to you the shortlist:
ABOUT HER BROTHER (Yoji Yamada)
AU REVOIR TAIPEI (Arvin Chen)
AWAY WE GO (Sam Mendes)
BROKEN EMBRACES (Pedro Almodovar)
DESPICABLE ME (Pierre Coffin/Chris Renaud)
GHOST WRITER, THE (Roman Polanski)
GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (Niels Arden Oplev)
GREEN ZONE (Paul Greengrass)
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON (Dean DeBlois/Chris Sanders)
INCEPTION (Christopher Nolan)
OCEANS (Jacques Perrin)
SHUTTER ISLAND (Martin Scorsese)
TOY STORY 3 (Lee Unkrich)

My TOP TEN Films OF 2010 (First half)
1. INCEPTION
2. SHUTTER ISLAND
3. TOY STORY 3
4. ABOUT HER BROTHER
5. THE GHOST WRITER
6. THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO
7. HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON
8. BROKEN EMBRACES
9. OCEANS
10. AWAY WE GO

My DIRECTOR'S Cut, 2010 (First half)
1. CHRISTOPHER NOLAN - Inception
2. MARTIN SCORSESE - Shutter Island
3. ROMAN POLANSKI - The Ghost Writer
4. NIELS ARDEN OPLEV - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
5. LEE UNKRICH - Toy Story 3

Comments

Popular Posts